Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, September 02, 2011

Life can be hard.......

I just wanted to come in and explain my absence. Explain why I haven't been blogging as much. I've hit a bump in the road. As one of my best friends says: "This too shall pass".....and I know it will. It may take time.
I have faith in God and in His timing...so all I can do is pray and take it One Day at a Time. Or as my late grandmother's favorite song goes..."Un Dia La Vez".
Here's the English version:

Anyway....here's my story in brief.
 My Dad was rushed to the hospital on Saturday morning.
It's such a long story, but to make it short, he is being treated in the hospital for a possible stroke, and a possible spider bite to his left hand.
My brother found him face down on the living room floor, his hand super swollen and had 3 large water filled blisters. He said he was trying to kill a bug or spider earlier in the day.
Every day I've been traveling an hour each way to visit him. He is partially paralyzed on his left side. He cannot walk or feed himself. Mentally he is all
there...as sharp as a tool. Sarcastic at times because he can't have a cigarette. :/ On Tuesday we all spent the day with him, it was his 69th Birthday.
We couldn't do much, but I know he enjoyed our company.
This is one of the hardest things I have been through. 1 1/2 weeks ago, he was driving the tractor and herding the cows, and now...he's helpless. :(

I promise to be back on track soon. I love creating  cards and crafts, it's always been an outlet for me.
Again, thank you and God Bless all of you!






3 comments:

Happybee said...

I wish that your Dad will get well soon, I can understand how much hard could be...
2 years ago my Dad had a heart surgery...one day he feels great and the day after he needs that surgery...
it was so hard to "watch" him in the hospital bed...my Dad was so "active" and now...he is again!!! So...hope your Dad can have the same happy end story!!!
A big hug!!!!

ottersln said...

Praying for your Dad and for all of you too. I know this is hard, but it will pass. God is always faithful. When you can please keep us updated as to his healing and how you are doing too. Times like these are hard and a good place to stay in on your knees to pray and reach up tp hold His hand as you are walking through life.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

big hugs Audrey!