Cutest Blog on the Block

Friday, June 11, 2010

My Fabulous Friday Find!!

Lately I've been reading several home decorating blogs...for example, turning trash into treasure, decorating w/ thrift store finds. This morning I read this blog: Just Another Hang Up and was shocked to see her revamp a Cloche. After seeing what she had done, I remembered seeing one at a nearby thrift store for $1. I felt so silly for not buying. So...I grabbed my keys and rushed over there. First I found the glass dome...and for $1 I knew it was a steal!!! Then I searched around the store and found the wooden base...for 25 cents!!!!! I could hear the trumpets of heaven blowing!!!!!!!!!!
So now, I've just got to decide if I want to paint the base or leave "as is"....and for $1.25...I call this my Fabulous Friday Find!!!

4 comments:

Decorchick! said...

Great find! You'll love it. I sure love mine! Visiting from Decormamma. :)

Ela@NewFamilyOnTheBlock.com said...

What a fantastic find!! Lucky you. I'm going to hunt tomorrow again just in case someone decided to get rid of one in California lol.

~Ela

Unknown said...

Super find! Love it and if isn't scratch I would leave as is until you really decide where it is going!

Suzanne said...

That is SUCH a fabulous find! I can't believe you got it for $1.25! Lucky you! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

By the way I love the card above!