Cutest Blog on the Block

Monday, September 28, 2009

Thought I'd share a cute, cheap gift idea.......

I actually made these about 2 weeks ago...I just hadn't gotten around to posting them. Then this past weekend, I took some pictures and well, here they are!

I think they would make great gifts for teachers, coaches, friends, coworkers, church members, I could go on and on!
They are cheap to make.
Supplies needed:

1 clear acrylic frame (can be found at any dollar store)
Scrapbook paper
Ribbon
1 Post it Note pad
1 pen with a top that screws off
Embellishments, Rubberstamps, etc.
Adhesive for ribbon and embellies

Cut your scrapbook paper to fit inside your frame. Save your scraps!!! I used my adhesive runner to adhere the ribbon all the way around. Then I used my adhesive to adhere my Post it Note pad to the frame.  Decorate with any embellishments you'd like.

For the pen, cut a small strip of paper the length of the tube of the pen, it should be a little less than 1/2" wide. Roll this up and put this inside the pen tube.
I'm sure you can embellish these alot more or a lot less, whatever suits your style!!! Have fun!!!!!!

Altered Acrylic Frame:

And here are 2 more.


Thanks for visiting my blog.....I'd love to hear from you, don't be shy!!!! :)

No comments: